May Day is Pay Day–Reminder to pay your 2023-2024 Dues.
- 29 – Deadline to RSVP for June dinner meeting
- 31 – Friendship Lunch at Fazzoli’s, 11:30-12:30
- 1 – SBW board meeting at Sedalia Shrine Club, 5:30pm
- 1 – SBW monthly dinner meeting at Sedalia Shrine Club, 6:30-8pm – Program: TBD
- 7 – Friendship Lunch at Perkins, 11:30-12:30
- 13 – (Taco Tuesday) Friendship Lunch at End Zone, 11:30-12:30
- 21 – Friendship Lunch at Cowbird Creamery (213 S Ohio), 11:30-12:30
- 28 – Friendship Lunch at Mazzio’s, 11:30-12:30
- 3 – Deadline to RSVP for July dinner meeting
- 6 – SBW board meeting at Sedalia Shrine Club, 5:30pm
- 6 – SBW monthly dinner meeting at Sedalia Shrine Club, 6:30-8pm – speaker: – Program: Virgil McDonald, Edward Jones- Financial Planning & Retirement for Women; menu: taco bar
- 12 – Friendship Lunch at Volker’s, 11:30-12:30
- 19 – Friendship Lunch at El Tapitio,
- 11:30-12:30 26 – Friendship Lunch at Slim Chickens, 11:30-12:30
- 31 – Deadline to RSVP for August dinner meeting
- 2 – Friendship Lunch at Bandana’s, 11:30-12:30
- 3 – SBW board meeting at Sedalia Shrine Club, 5:30pm
- 3 – SBW monthly dinner meeting at Sedalia Shrine club, 6:30-8pm – Program: Paddle Party Auction
- 4/5 – BWM Leadership Conference in Sedalia – Details TBA
Sedalia Business Women Meeting
The June 1 SBW Dinner Meeting will be under the direction of the Finance Committee.
Meetings are held 6:30 p.m. at the
Shrine Multipurpose Building
1375 Elm Hills Blvd, Sedalia, MO
Members, please let your caller know no later than Tuesday prior to the meeting if you plan to attend. We must have an accurate count! If you would like to visit a Sedalia Business Women’s meeting, please send an email to email@example.com no later than the Monday prior to the meeting. We welcome visitors!
Support SBW Members’ Businesses!
Friendship luncheons are being held weekly. If interested in attending, contact any of those that regularly attend or check our Facebook page or click here for any prescheduled lunches.
Pardon our mess! We are in the process of archiving some of the past years’ website pages.
Visit our Latest News page for photos and meeting recaps!
For archived news posts: visit the Past President page.
Julie Slocum, SBW President
Encourage. Inspire. Empower
First and foremost, I am honored to be your new president. When I agreed several years ago to begin the journey of moving up the chain toward this position, I had to really think it over. I have not been very good at getting up in front of people. For me, it has always been scary, my stomach feels like it has knots and I have been self-conscious. So it came down to weighing that with wanting to make a difference in our club and in our community. So, I decided to “Kiss My Monster” and here I am.
I was asked what I wanted as my theme for my year as president. I looked to see what others have done in the past, and began looking over our Business women of Missouri Objectives and Mission statement:
- To achieve equity for all women in the workplace through advocacy, education and information.
- To elevate the standards of women wherever they may be employed.
- To promote the interest of working women to bring about the spirit of cooperation among all working women in Missouri.
- To extend opportunities to working women through education, information and fellowship
I believe the theme of “Encourage, Inspire and Empower” really needs to be our club motto. Because that is what we really do. That is what we are all about and what we want for ourselves and for the members of our organization. So, if Robin does not mind, I would like to continue to use this for my year of presidency. But I would like it to be adopted as our motto, not just as a theme.
Our club has made a difference in many women’s lives through leadership in our community of Sedalia and the surrounding area, and through the lasting friendships that have endured through a lifetime, through love and loss, thick and thin.
I thank you for putting your faith in me and hope I can be a good president. So roll up your sleeves and help me make this a kick ass year, and along the way we can have some good old fashioned fun!
Julie Slocum, SBW president 2023-2024